Two longtime Las Vegas golf professionals headline the Wildhorse Golf Academy located at, you guessed it, Wildhorse Golf Club. Class A PGA Lawson has been teaching in Las Vegas since 1992 while Clark is a Class A LPGA professional and formerly played the LPGA Tour. She was inducted into the Las Vegas Golf Hall of Fame in 2017.
Lawson formerly taught as part of the well-known John Jacobs school of golf.
Clark was influenced by her father, Jerry, a former president of the Southern Nevada Golf Association, and she was one of the best junior golfers in Southern Nevada. She was also an NCAA champion at Weber State and qualified for the LPGA Tour before becoming an instructor. She played on the LPGA Tour in 1987 an d 1991 and on the European Women’s Tour in 1988 and 1989.
Regular lessons starting at $30 for juniors with adults at $45 are available as are group lessons that start at $35 per hour plus other options.
Tony Lawson, PGA
- Class “A” PGA member in good standing since 1987.
- Head Golf Instructor with the renowned John Jacobs’ Golf Schools for 10 years.
- Teaching Professional at Kapalua Golf Club in Maui, Hawaii and the Ojai Valley Inn.
- Instructed in the Las Vegas Valley since 1992.
- Member Las Vegas Golf Hall of Fame (2017)
- Class “A” member of the LPGA Teaching Division since 2006.
- NCAA “All American” at Weber State in Ogden, Utah.
- NCAA long Drive Champion.
- Played on the LPGA, European and Asian Golf Tours from 1987- 1991
- Instructor with the John Jacobs’ Golf Schools from 1996-1998.
- Instructor with the Nike Golf Schools from 2001-2004.
Clark will never forget her first LPGA Tour event.
“I’m probably going to cry when I talk about this, but my dad caddying for me in my first event on the LPGA Tour is something I will always cherish,” Clark said. “He caddied for me when I qualified to make the tour and then in that first tournament. He’s no longer with us.”
Wildhorse Golf Club is located in the heart of Henderson/Green Valley and is a local’s favorite.