It’s an annual tradition that kicks of the school year for UNLV Professional Golf Management program. Friends, family, and, yes, students, dine and play the prestigious Cascata. –By Brian Hurlburt
The golf event was Aug. 27 and was preceded the evening prior with a dinner featured UNLV alumna and Top Golf instructor and social media star Lindsay Hoskins. UNLV PGM alumni are having success all over and the program has nearly a 100% placement rate following graduation.
View this post on Instagram
Upon the occasion, Dr. Chris Cain, the UNLV PGM director, provide some facts and figures about the success of the program, which falls within in the world class UNLV Harrah College of Hospitality.
- UNLV and the Harrah College of Hospitality have enjoyed their partnership with the PGA of America since 2002
- UNLV is one of 17 universities in the country offering this unique program
- Students benefit from earning both a major in hospitality management and a concentration in PGA golf management accredited by the PGA of America
- Our nearly 200 alumni have experienced a nearly 100% job placement rate within the industry with 70% still working in the industry since our first minited alum in 2007
- PGM program assists with critical workforce needs for the Southern Nevada club and golf management industry, as most of our 100 enrolled students work part time and participate on internships while attending UNLV.
- The PGA program has been housed within the recently established Dwaine Knight Center for Golf Management (DKCGM) providing students with state of the art teaching and lab space
- The DKCGM supports university pillars of teaching, research, and service to our community and professional associations related to club and golf management